Anti-Crime Activist, Yusuf Abramjee, says a teenager and two men have apologized to him for the false viral video claiming he was speeding.
Last week, the Saturday Star reported police were on the brink of making arrests after Abramjee opened charges of intimidation and crimen injuria.
Abramjee confirmed that the three have come forward and confessed to have been responsible for recording and distributing the video claiming he was speeding on the R55.
The men, aged 27 and 23, and a 17-year-old from Centurion said: “We hereby unconditionally apologize for making and distributing a viral video of Yusuf Abramjee speeding.
“We fully retract the false postings.
“We did not realize the seriousness and consequences of our actions.
“We acknowledge that this false viral video caused harm to Yusuf Abramjee’s good name and reputation and we are remorseful for our actions.
“Our actions were irresponsible and we promise not to undertake such actions in future,” they said in a signed document.
Abramjee said he met the three and their parents and accepted the apology.
He has withdrawn the criminal charges.
“Let this be a lesson to those who think they can get away with it,”
He thanked fellow anti-crime activist Shaheed Joosub for mediating and resolving the issue.
Joosub said he was pleased that the matter was now closed.
© Copyright 2020 Laudium Today.